PRESIDENTIAL DECREE OF THE PRESIDENT OF REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA
NUMBER 25 YEAR 2011
TASK FORCE FOR PREPARING THE ESTABLISHMENT OF REDD+ (REDUCING EMISSIONS FROM DEFORESTATION AND FOREST DEGRADATION) AGENCY
WITH THE GRACE OF GOD ALMIGHTY,
THE PRESIDENT OF REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA,
- That in order to implement the Letter of Intent on “Cooperation on reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation” between the Government of Indonesia and Norway, through Presidential Decree Number 19 Year 2010, REDD+ Agency Establishment Task Force has been established in which its assignment has ended on 30 June 2010;
- That in regards to the implementation of REDD+ Agency Establishment Task Force, which established through Presidential Decree Number 19 Year 2010 have not yet completely finished, then it is deemed necessary to re-establish a coordinating body that will be responsible to carry out activities required in preparing the establishment of REDD+ Agency;
- That based on the consideration as referred to in letter a and letter b, it is deemed necessary to stipulate Presidential Decree concerning Task Force for preparing the establishment of REDD+ (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation) Agency;
In view of:
Article 4 paragraph (1) of the 1945 Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia;
PRESIDENTIAL DECREE CONCERNING TASK FORCE FOR PREPARING THE ESTABLISHMENT OF REDD+ (REDUCING EMISSIONS FROM DEFORESTATION AND FOREST DEGRADATION) AGENCY
Establish the Task Force to Establish a REDD+ Agency, which hereinafter shall be referred to as REDD+ Agency Task Force in this Presidential Decree.
REDD+ Agency Task Force shall be working under and be directly responsible to the President.
REDD+ Agency Task Force is tasked with the preparation activities related to implementing the Letter of Intent with the Government of Norway:
- Prepare the REDD+ Agency establishment;
- Coordinate the formulation of a REDD+ National Strategy;
- Prepare the REDD+ funding instrument and mechanism;
- Prepare the establishment of a REDD+ MRV agency (measurable, reportable, and verifiable), that is independent and reliable;
- Perform REDD+ activities in the first pilot province and define the selection criteria for the second pilot province;
- Monitor the implementation of Presidential Instruction Number 10 Year 2011 regarding the Suspension of Granting New Licenses and Natural Primary Forest and Peat Land Governance Reform;
In carrying out its responsibility, the REDD+ Agency Taskforce has the authority to:
- Coordinate follow up efforts that are implemented by the relevant Ministries/Agencies and Local Government;
- Define the strategy, policy development, and determine priority, and also monitor the enforcement of decisions related to the implementation of Letter of Intent with the Government of Norway;
- Receive, manage, utilize, and coordinate international aids, both in the form of funding or any other forms related to REDD+, in accordance to the laws and regulations;
- Establish partnership with third party to enforce the implementation of Letter of Intent with the Government of Norway, including appointing consultant or financial institution;
- Obtain information and technical assistance in carrying out its assignment from the Ministries/Agencies, Local Government, and other relevant parties.
The REDD+ Agency Taskforce membership structure as mentioned in Article 1 consists of:
Member acting as Chairman: Kuntoro Mangkusubroto (Presidential Delivery unit on Development Monitoring and Oversight)
Member acting as Secretary: Agus Purnomo (Presidential Special Staff on Climate Change)
Members : 1. Anny Ratnamawati (Ministry of Finance);
2. Bayu Krisnamukti (Ministry of Agriculture);
3. Hadi Daryanto (Ministry of Forestry);
4. Evita Legowo (Ministry of Energy & Mineral resources);
5. Lukita Dinarsyah Tuwo (Ministry of National Development Planning/Bappenas);
6. Arief Yuwono (Ministry of Environment);
7. Joyo Winoto (National Land Agency);
8. Agus Sumartono (Cabinet Secretariat);
9. Heru Prasetyo (Presidential Delivery Unit on Development Monitoring and Oversight);
(1) REDD+ Agency Taskforce is supported by a Secretariat and a Working Team that works full time.
(2) The Secretariat and Working team are responsible and reports to the Head of REDD+ Agency Taskforce.
(3) The Secretariat of REDD+ Agency Taskforce will be placed at Presidential Special Staff on Climate Change
REDD+ Agency Taskforce will periodically or at any time report its work progress to the President.
All costs incurred in the REDD+ Agency Taskforce operations will be charged to APBN (State Budget) and/or other legitimate sources in accordance to the laws and regulations.
REDD+ Agency Taskforce to finish its task until REDD+ agency is formed at the latest 31st December 2012.
This Presidential Decree is effective on the date it is issued.
Stipulated in Jakarta
on September 8th, 2011
PRESIDENT OF REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA,
DR. H. SUSILO BAMBANG YUDHOYONO
Copy according to original
People’s Welfare division Deputy,
Agus Sumartono, SH. M.H.
For the original decree (in Bahasa Indonesia) click here.
We want you to share Forests News content, which is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0). This means you are free to redistribute our material for non-commercial purposes. All we ask is that you give Forests News appropriate credit and link to the original Forests News content, indicate if changes were made, and distribute your contributions under the same Creative Commons license. You must notify Forests News if you repost, reprint or reuse our materials by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.